Acupuncture treatment of strabismus
Strabismus refers to the two goals can not be watching, is extraocular muscle disease. Strabismus can be divided into common nature and paralytic strabismus two categories. Strabismus can occur within the ramp may be oblique, but no eye movement disorder, no diplopia main clinical features; paralytic strabismus, there are limited eye movement, diplopia, and vertigo, nausea, eye pain, photophobia . Or when visual, three-dimensional feel poor, unsteady gait, insomnia and other symptoms. Also belong to one of strabismus affect the beauty of the disorder. Because of the complex causes of strabismus, except for the cause and surgical treatment of unknown etiology, there is no ideal methods of modern Western medicine.
Strabismus people because eye position is not correct, the image of the object falls on the position of the center of the macula outside, depending on the material occurs diplopia. Or because the patient long-term perspective by looking at one eye, the other eye’s image is suppressed to stop development, leading to disuse vision loss, resulting in amblyopia, or even the loss of visual function and binocular stereo vision monocular
Causes symptoms of strabismus
1. congenital anomalies (birth GENETIC accidental injuries, etc.): not a simple genetic congenital anomalies, congenital anomalies further comprising a head injury when a child is born like this and more from the outside perspective innate location of extraocular muscle abnormalities , extraocular muscle itself dysplasia, or dominant muscle paralysis caused. In addition, there are genetic factors strabismus in families are not all the members of this defect is often indirect genetic to the next generation of their children. Generally occurred within 6 months of life, said strabismus congenital strabismus, binocular vision does not have to establish the basic conditions. Development of visual function damaging.
2. Adjust and refractive errors cause: a certain excessive muscle development or hypoplasia, abnormal extraocular muscle attachment points. Orbital fascia structural abnormalities, can lead to muscle imbalance and strabismus. Because children’s physical development is not perfect: children, especially infants and young children imperfect development of binocular vision, not a good coordination of the extraocular muscles, any unstable factors can induce the occurrence of strabismus.
The main symptom of strabismus
1. After a long time as often headache, eye pain, photophobia, which is due to the continued use of the reserve force neuromuscular caused muscle fatigue.
2. When reading illegible or overlapping, serial, sometimes there may be intermittent diplopia, intermittent strabismus, if a single glance but feel clear, effort, and even the occurrence of binocular vision disorders.
3. Three-dimensional feeling bad, it can not determine the location and distance of space objects precisely. Heterophoria also radioactive neurological symptoms, such as nausea, vomiting, insomnia, eyelid and conjunctival congestion and other symptoms.
Western medicine treatment of strabismus, first for amblyopia, to promote two good visual development, followed by correction of oblique eye position. Strabismus treatment methods include: wearing glasses, wearing goggles, the integrated use of eye Orthoptic training, eye muscle surgery or the method. Wear goggles amblyopia is strabismus caused. Orthoptic use of the instrument is to strengthen eye movements. Eye muscle surgery include shorter or relax outside one or two eye muscle in one or more muscle. Mild strabismus can wear “prism glasses” perspective correction to people because eye position is not correct, the image of the object falls on the position of the center of the macula outside, depending on the material occurs diplopia. Or because the patient long-term perspective by looking at one eye, the other eye’s image is suppressed to stop development, leading to disuse vision loss, resulting in amblyopia, or even the loss of binocular stereo vision and monocular visual function.
Chinese medicine will be divided into perspective
1. liver blood deficiency type: oblique eyes, and the incidence of febrile convulsions related to dry eye photophobia, rash, headache, pain, dreams, veins thin string. Thin white fur. Select acupuncture points:ganshu, danshu, neiguan, baihui.
2. Weak temper type: oblique eyes, blurred vision, pale (white) white, less satisfied Shen Juan, dizziness, body lean, when loose stools, weak pulse or slow, thin white fur. Acupuncture point selection:pishu, weishu, zhongwan, baihui, neiguan, zusanli.
3. Kidney deficiency: oblique eyes, more childhood disease, refraction thin, poor vision, dizziness, dry hair, looking less China, often enuresis, or net moss thin, pale or red tip. Acupuncture point selection; shenshu, ganshu, danshu, dazhui, yaozhui, neiguan.
For esotropia treatment options Point：1.tongziliao, fengchi, sibai, taichong. 2. qiuhou, taiyang, muchuang, waiguan. 3. sizhukong, yuyao, dazhui, guangming. Exotropia acupuncture point selection:1. jingming, meizhong, yuyao, hegu. 2. zanzhu, fengchi, sibai, taichong. 3. xiajingming, guangming, qucha, jinggu. Exotropia is more common in children with strabismus type, and more with myopia, astigmatism related, but if hyperopia is high, there will be exotropia. If strabismus is below 15 degrees, most people do not perceive. But as long as careful observation, or strabismus can be checked out: If a man sitting with your face, always have one eye watching the oblique side, as if absent-minded like, this is probably exotropia patients. Information about the acupuncture treatment of strabismus ，Please call Adelaide Yihong Acupuncture Clinic or visit our website atwww.adelaideacupuncture.com.au